- November 9, 2018
- Posted by: vmayo
- Categories: Business Branding, Digital Marketing, Mobile Marketing
Social Media has truly changed the entire industry of marketing and advertising. Remember, social media can be demanding once activated – so ensure you have a solid social media maintenance plan in place. If used in the right way it will serve you, your brand, and your sales efforts well.
Which Social Media Platforms should you use for your business?
Here are a few platforms, which we recommend to you start you up. We tried most of them ourselves and can testify to its success.
Quora: Question & Answer Network
Quora might look like an odd first choice for the uninitiated but it’s an excellent tool that professional marketers often use to draw the spotlight on their business. It is a question and answers network; people turn to it to find more information about a particular subject or to ask a question if the answer is not readily available.
Here’s how you can put it to good use:
- Actively seek out questions that are related to your industry and answer them to the best of your ability.
- Use the question as a starting point for a blog post that you will write up and publish on your own blog – add links to in-depth articles on your blog in your Quora answers.
- Connect with users and industry professionals to stay in the loop.
- Fill out your Quora profile – make sure that people know what your business is and what qualifies you as an expert for certain topics.
Facebook: Largest Social Network
With over 2.27 billion monthly active users in 2018, Facebook is the largest social network out there and the best social media for business. If your business is not present on Facebook then you’re probably bleeding potential earnings. Set up a profile now! It doesn’t matter if you’re a dentist practice, a restaurant, or a car repair shop – there is money to be made on this site.
- Managing social media for business, especially Facebook is not easy – there are a lot of ins and outs to take care of – but get it right and you will reap a boatload of benefits.
- Increased visibility and exposure for your business and your offers.
- Building a community of people who can potentially turn into the best ambassadors for your brand.
- Easier communication with your customers – Facebook Messenger app is becoming a go-to platform for customer care.
- Ability to target whoever you want whenever you want with your ads – both globally and locally.
Facebook should be the cornerstone of your social media presence. Almost everyone with an internet connection uses it so finding your target audience there will not pose a problem.
This might come as a surprise but Snapchat is an excellent marketing tool. It has over 186 million daily users and nearly 25 % of people with social network presence state that they have a Snapchat account. It’s especially useful for businesses targeting the ficklest of demographics – teenagers and young adults.
Your business can be one of the few cool businesses that adopted Snapchat as a means to connect with them. Keep in mind that you can’t make lists on Snapchat. People have to add you as a connection so your strategy is imperative – use Facebook and other social media networks to advertise your Snap-code and offer Snapchat-unique content. Be helpful, in-tune, and unique and you just might capture the hearts and minds of future big-spenders.
For some reason, small and medium businesses are still reluctant to use Twitter as a means of online communication. Some business owners believe that there isn’t all that much to be said in 280 characters. I find that rather baffling, to tell you the truth. Here’s what you can do in that limited space:
- Reach everyone who is following you instantly – at 0 cost!
- Inform your followers about new products releases and news about your company.
- Keep tabs on your competition.
- Use tweets to help your search engine ranking (tweets are indexed by Google).
- Drive up sales through special Twitter offers and by being constantly visible to your followers.
Twitter is the ultimate mobile social media network – nearly 336 million people access it daily from their smartphone. If for no other reason, your business should be present there because of the impressive Twitter usage numbers – trust me, you won’t regret it. Also, check out these Twitter tips and become an expert in managing this social media for business in an instant!
Of course, any post listing the best social media for business wouldn’t be complete without YouTube. With over a billion monthly users and over tens of million hours of videos watched every day, YouTube is currently the second largest search engine in the world, right behind Google.
People today don’t have much time – we’re bombarded with content and ads on every turn and reading everything we’re interested in would be an around-the-clock job. That’s why we’re turning to video content. Millennials especially are more into visual content and if they are your target audience then YouTube is the place to be.