- May 16, 2018
- Posted by: vmayo
- Categories: Email Marketing, Lead Nurturing, marketing Automation
Hyper Segmented Email Automation
In 2018, single automation series won’t be enough. As inboxes flood with more and more emails (Email Marketing India), you must be different to stand out. Hyper-segmented automation, when you create custom automation series for subscribers with different needs, interests, or characteristics, will play a big part in this.
The more segmented and targeted your automation, the more it’ll resonate with subscribers. This leads to higher open and click-through rates(Email Marketing India). In fact, targeted emails can drive up to 77 percent of your overall email ROI, according to the Direct Marketing Association.
One way to hyper-segment your audience? Allow subscribers to choose the type of content they receive. This is called self-selected email marketing automation and it can skyrocket email engagement and sales.
Text Only Emails
While beautiful, image-heavy emails remain popular with huge retail brands, small businesses will continue to adopt simple, text-only emails in 2018.
Text-only emails, although they may be less eye-catching for subscribers, are popular among entrepreneurs and small businesses and will continue to be. For two reasons:
- They feel more like a personal message and less like an advertisement. People tend to put up their guard when they think marketers are selling them something. Text-only emails, since they look like the messages you receive from friends, family, and coworkers, seem less like marketing and more like a conversation.
- They’re easy to create. For text-only emails(Email Marketing India), all you need is written content. No more scouring the internet for free stock images or fidgeting with a clunky email template. Simply type your content and send. For time-strapped businesses, this simplicity is attractive.
People love content when it speaks to them directly. That’s why email personalization is so effective and will continue to play a massive role in 2018.
No matter the complexity, personalization is a powerful way to engage your subscribers. And the top-performing email marketers will use it heavily this year. Here are a few ways you can be one of them:
- Add your subscribers’ first names in your email content (Email Marketing India). But be creative! Instead of “Dear [insert first name],” try incorporating the first name in the middle of a paragraph.
- Email your subscribers on their birthdays. They’ll love a celebratory message!.
- Thanks to your new customers for purchasing a product, give them advice for using it and then recommend similar products they might like.
Stop thinking of email as an advertisement(Email Marketing India) in 2018. Think of it as a conversation. A business-like, formal tone will be increasingly disenchanting to your audience this year. People want to know that you’re a person. They’ll resonate with you more and find your messages more interesting.
Instead of jargon, use familiar words.
Write like you converse articulate confabulate communicate speak.
Read your emails out loud before you send them. It’ll help you hear where your content is unnatural or robotic.
Good stories involve your imagination. The details and plot catch the reader by surprise. Instead of merely telling them to “Buy, buy buy,” you’re creating a relationship. You’re giving them a glimpse into your life or your business. And this builds connections.
In 2018, businesses will capitalize on the power of the story in their email marketing. They’ll begin their emails with a story that catches their subscribers’ attention, then relate it back to the actual point(Email Marketing India) of their email.