- July 5, 2019
- Posted by: vmayo
- Category: Digital Marketing
Would you like to be a robots.txt rockstar? So there are a few fundamental principles that you should be acquainted with before you can make these internet spiders dance at your pace. If you Make the wrong robots.txt file and you’re will be hurt. Do it right robots.txt for SEO and you will enjoy the search engines. You can create Robots.txt file with the help of free online Robots.txt Generator tool which is easy to use for beginners.
What Is A Robots.txt File?
The robots.txt file instructs the bots/crawlers/spiders of the different search engine (Google, Bing, etc.) where they can and can not go to your website. You’re telling these bots what they can “see” on your website and what’s off limits.
A robots.txt is available to show you that search engines permit. And that free access is possible on your site, even if it is blank. We advise adding a text file of robots to your main domain and all of your sub-domains.
Importance of Robots.txt for SEO?
In fact, the file(s) regulate the access of your site or Web Pages by the crawler. You have to be careful about syntax in this file since the wrong syntax can harm your company or services. Just believe, by chance, you refuse to permit bots to rush your whole website. You would have cost a lot as much as you believe.
Robots.txt is typically use to prevent crawling of duplicate material. It can also use to maintain your site private in specific. Crawl-delay can avoid overloading your servers. You can also use robots.txt to avoid indexation of some documents such as pictures, PDFs, GIFs, etc. on your website.
How to Create and Use Robots.txt For SEO
It’s a simple method to write a robots.txt. Follow the following easy steps:
1. Open the Notepad, Microsoft Word, or other text editors and save your file as ‘ robots, ‘ all in a smaller case and make sure you select .txt as the file type extension.
2. Next, add to your file 2 text lines:
The user agent is another word for spiders or robots. This line is applicable to all Spiders in an asterisk (*). In this section, there is no file or folder in the Disallow line indicating that you can access every directory on your site. It is a text file for fundamental robots.
3. Also one of the robots.txt possibilities is to block the search engine spiders on your entire page. Add the two lines to the file for this purpose:
4. If your robots.txt might look like it if you want to block the spiders of certain fields in your website:
5. Enter a pleasant XML sitemap file for your search engine in the text file of the robots. This makes it easy to locate your map and index all the pages of your site. Use the following syntax:
6. Once your robots.txt file has been finished, save and upload to your website root directory. For instance, you place the file on www.mydomain.com/robots.txt if it is your domain www.mydomain.com.