Set your SEO Campaign through Salesforce Solutions
Once you start something don’t stop it until you complete it. Don’t let excuses, problems, hard work or anything stop you from completing it.
Introduction of Salesforce
Salesforce began with the vision of reinventing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and based on CRM. All Salesforce products run completely on the cloud so there are no expensive setup costs, no maintenance, and your employees can work from any device with an internet connection – smartphone, tablet or laptop.
We make CRM easy to use for small businesses and large scale enterprises. This approach has helped to make Sales Cloud the world’s number 1 CRM system. But Salesforce doesn’t start and end with CRM for Sales and Marketing. Our platform enables you to manage all interactions with your customers and prospects so your organization can grow and succeed. That’s why we call it the Customer Success Platform.
What is Salesforce Solutions all about?
Salesforce is the world’s #1 customer relationship management (CRM) platform. Our cloud-based, CRM applications for sales, service, marketing, and more don’t require IT experts to set up or manage — simply log in and start connecting to customers in a whole new way.
A solution is a detailed description of a customer issue and the resolution of that issue. Solution managers, administrators, and users with the appropriate permissions can create, review, and categorize solutions. They can also publish solutions to the Self-Service portal and make solutions public.
What exactly Salesforce Solutions do?
Salesforce is a cloud computing company which offers a variety of services (SaaS) and products (PaaS). It started as Software as a Service CRM company. Now Salesforce provides various software solutions and a platform for users and developers to develop and distribute custom software. Marketing Cloud which can be used by your marketing team. Chatter a social application which your organization can use to connect employees and various other services.
Salesforce as a platform has an innovative meta-data model at its epicenter which most of its competitors have failed to do. At its simplest, nobody would want to deal with low-level database calls and interactions if there is no requirement to do so. Metadata allows for benefits such as accelerated time-to-market, and seamless upgrades. There are a few vendors who provide upgrade compatibility tools to ease the pain points in upgrading software products. This is totally eliminated in Salesforce products since the upgrades are seamlessly executed. I have mentioned the image below which show you how cloud services that are offered by Salesforce:
How to setup SEO?
Salesforce does a lot by helping the company in maintaining and getting the customers for the business. Customer relationship management (CRM) is a product of salesforce and technology for managing all your company’s relationships and interactions with customers and potential customers. The goal is simple: Improve business relationships. A CRM system helps companies stay connected to customers, streamline processes, and improve profitability.
There are many search engines in which I’m telling you about only two such as Google™ or Bing®, index your community so that customers, partners, and guest users can easily discover community pages via online searches. SEO can significantly improve discovery for public communities.
There are a few standard files and SEO properties that you need to know about when setting up SEO for your community.
sitemap.xml contains a list of the URLs of your community. Search engines use this list to find out which pages of your community are available for crawling and indexing. The sitemap.xml file is automatically generate the root level of your community. To view the site map, navigate to https://<community_URL>/s/sitemap.xml.
If your community supports multiple languages, the site map automatically includes an entry for each supported language as follows:
<xhtml:link rel="alternate" hreflang="language_code" href="https://org62.my.salesforce.com/help/doc/en_US/page_URL?language=language_code" />
For example, <xhtml:link rel=”alternate” hreflang=”fr” href=”https://mycommunity.com/s/?language=fr” />.
You can submit the sitemap.xml file directly to search engines, such as Google™ Webmaster Tools and Bing® Webmaster Tools to allow users of those search engines to discover content in your community.
robots.txt uses include and exclude rules to inform web spiders and robots about which areas of your community to index. This standard file is use across the Web for SEO and gives you complete control over what users can discover via search engines.
robots.txt is automatically generated if your community exists at the root level (without a subpath in the URL). To view the file, navigate to https://<community_URL>/robots.txt.
The auto-generated file allows your entire community to be indexed. However, you can choose to allow indexing of specific areas only by creating a Visualforce page to host the information.
Page Title and Description properties The title and description tags in the page <head> are important for SEO because they represent the link title and description that appear in search results pages.
You can customize the title and description for your community’s standard pages in the Page Manager area of Community Builder. However, some pages, such as the Article Detail and Topic Detail pages, set these properties dynamically according to the components on the page. For example, for the Article Detail page, the title and description values are update according to the article’s title and summary, respectively.
Best Practices For Setting Community SEO
- Don’t create a custom site map; use the auto-generated sitemap.xml file.
- If you create a custom robots.txt file, ensure that it points to the auto-generated site map — for example, https://<community_URL>/s/sitemap.xml.
- If your org supports multilingual Knowledge articles, we recommend against replacing the URL of translate articles with language-specific URLs. Instead, retain the same URL as the base language article.
- If your community supports multiple languages, the site map automatically includes an entry for each supported language.
- In Page Manager, ensure that each page’s Title and Description fields have meaningful entries, where applicable.
- The page title is use in the browser tab or window, search engine results, and bookmarks. Content in the Description field is shown in search engine results to help people quickly decide whether it’s the page they want.
- Before submitting the sitemap.xml file to search engines for crawling, navigate to https://<community_URL>/s/sitemap.xml as an unauthenticated user.
Ensure that the URLs listed in the site map are appropriate for guest users.
- If a URL is mistaken includes in the list available to guest users, ensure that the correct permissions are enable on the guest user profile and that your org is set up correctly.
- Then, click Edit and set the Default Internal Access for Case toPrivate.
- Redirecting HTTP requests to HTTPS is an SEO best practice. Therefore, we recommend against disabling the Require Secure Connections (HTTPS) setting on the Site Details. To verify that the checkbox is selected, in the community management.
- Click Administration | Pages | Go to Force.com.
- 301 redirects are a great way to ensure that users and search engines are direct to the correct page. For example, for a URL such as www.my_community.com, we recommend creating a redirect to my_community.com. You can set up these redirects with your DNS provider.