- June 30, 2021
- Posted by: Divya
- Category: Uncategorized
Often known by different names such as drip marketing, automated email campaigns, etc. Email Drip Campaign is a set of emails designed by a business or blog or an entity on the internet which are scheduled to reach a person via email after they have signed up to a particular website.
Email Drip campaigns, often follow a particular schedule and are sent out in mass quantities by an organization to all the addresses in their email list. These can vary from being the acknowledgment email, thanking you for signing up on a particular website to promoting new products, or to promote any new scheme by the organization. Email drip campaniles are generally automated and can also be sent when a particular customer does something on your website, ex. Purchase a product. Email drip campaigns are thus even called behavioral mails.
In this section, we will discuss the email drip campaign in detail.
What is an email drip campaign?
As mentioned above, email drip campaign or behavioral emails are a set of pre-designed email which are sent out to the customer either when they complete a particular action on an app or website or as scheduled by the organization. An email drip campaign can often take the shape of promotional emails or are most commonly received when you sign up for a website.
Email drip campaigns highlight your most recent work or product, thus luring the potential leads and turning them into customers.
Email drip campaign finds their way back in the 1970s and even after 50 years, they are one of the most affordable and successful channels of digital marketing in the modern world. The click-through rate of email drip campaigns is high, as is their return on investment.
Types of Emails that can be sent out Email Drip Campaign
- Welcome Emails
- Retargeting Email Campaign
- Abandoned Cart Email
- Product Demo Email Drip Campaign
- Post-purchase Email Drip Campaign
1. Welcome Emails
When visitors first come to your website and if they are interested in your product or services, they fill out a lead generating form and subscribe to your mailing lists, a welcome email should be sent to them immediately. This is the first step to engage the future customer and give them an introduction about yourself, what is your product or services, and exhibit why you are better than your competitors.
The open rate of welcome email on an average of 60% and thus percent is double as an open rate of another standard email open rate of 15%.
Always should remember this, send a welcome email swiftly, and don’t be feel free after sending this one welcome email. Must set a series of three to five email include free e-books, video, blogs link, testimonial case, case studies and also keep this in your mind that your email educating your new lead about your brand, brand’s product or services and tell them how your existing customers trust you.
2. Retargeting Campaign
Complexity is at a high level to turn out your new lead into a buyer and retain your existing customer. Businesses with similar products or services are becoming increasingly competitive, a customer tries to find a better product because there are too many options are available in the online market or sometimes the customer loses his interest in your product or services, and they don’t want to buy your product anymore.
The solution is, retargeting email is one of the most effective marketing strategies, it’s important to being smart in your re-engagement strategy. This works by using browser cookies and reaches out to potential customers based on what action they take across the web. You can retarget them to a variety of actions, events, and situations accordingly. It is not necessary to send a retargeting email for a specific reason like someone abandoned a product on a shopping cart. Set a follow-up email series and send follow-up emails either when the customer visits your website and not taking any action or after read out your blog content and post a comment on it.
Choose a customer action for those who deserve a follow-up email is a sensitive part of a retargeting campaign and then make a set-up of drip campaign that follows “if this, then that”. Bring back your customer, share great helpful content that turns their decisions into purchasing decisions.
Let’s look on what kind of Retargeting email send:
- Send follow-up emails containing a free item to download for lead generation like e-books, video series, and many more.
- Send follow-up emails that inform about discounts, offers, or festive season sale.
- Send follow-up emails that visit your website and read your blog without taking any action.
- Send an email to get feedback on what they downloaded earlier.
3. Abandoned Cart Email
In 2021, the abandoned cart rate average around 78%, with most people leaving a product in the cart and not taking it into the buying process. At this stage, the drip campaign really plays a majestical role, by re-engaging them and bringing them back to the buy button.
Don’t send an email immediately when a customer leaves a product into the cart, first track their activity. Send an abandoned cart email if two or three days have passed, and the user still doesn’t have purchase activity. What should be in an email, just a simple text email “Sorry you leave this, purchase this product with 20% discount and “Sorry you missed this product, buy it with 20% off and enjoy free shipping charges. Discount is valid till date only and 2 items are left in stock”. Don’t let’s go this lead because they are already engaged, do your best and bring these leads back
- Send an email with information about a discount on a product they drop in a cart.
- Share innovative information regarding products that enhance the product detail.
4. Product Demo Email Drip Campaign
Every customer buys a product when they know all the functionality of the product inside and out. This type of email drip campaign works influentially if you feature a product and display it live. It is helpful in the tech industry and where sales representatives display a demo video of products to leads, prospects, and existing customers.
After showing the demo, it’s significant to re-emphasize the importance of your product and weave a success story.
- Display a success story video of your product
- Give Demo of product’s feature and function
- Send product review video.
5. Post-Purchase Email Drip Campaign
It is much easier to retarget an existing customer than a new one. Existing customers have already used your services, and have their own experience with your products. Selling a product to an existing customer is 60-70%, and the perspective of selling a product to a new customer is 5-7%. To re-engage your existing customers by giving them some discounts. This doesn’t mean that start ignoring new customers, handle them differently.
Always work on your brand loyalty programs, send a gratitude email to show your customers that you appreciate them after buying the product. When sending a post-purchased email drip campaign, pay attention on that what customer has purchased and What their interest?
- Send a feedback form details email
- Hike re-purchasing activity, send an email accompanied discount offer details.
- Send emails sharing similar product listings to create curiosity among existing customers.
What do you need to run Email Drip Camping?
- Email List: The email list is a very important ingredient when you want to run a successful email drip campaign. Without an email list, you would not know which is your target audience and which is your target demography, which in turn would substantially increase the cost of running an email drip campaign. You can create a proper email list by asking the users who visit your website or application to sign up for it.
- Choosing the email service provider: You cannot operate an email drip campaign without a proper email service provider or email delivery system, as sending out email using an ISP will put your organization’s privacy at risk. We at mailcot provide you with the best email marketing service which will help you run a successful email drip campaign. Without SMTP promotional services, you will never have to worry about your emails when not reaching the customers.
How to run an email drip campaign?
- Identify the target audience as it will help you filter out the demography of users who may not be interested in a particular campaign, thus help you lower the cost and increase the conversion ratio.
- Prepare the copy and content which you are going to put in the email for the customers to see.
- Set the schedule of the campaign, such as the date when the email will go, the time, the audience, etc.
- Start your campaign after sending the email.
- Follow the campaign and closely monitor its success.