What is Domain Name System and How works DNS Server with IP address
Domain Name System is a service to resolve the Name to IP Address and IP Address to Name.
The IP address is an address where the data is stored on the server. It is used to store the data which are a link to the domain. It is the address of the server.
The domain is the particular name of the website which is used to host/publish on the server
The server is just like a hard disk or global store management.
Different Types of DNS
Primary DNS Server: A primary DNS server is responsible for reading data related to the domain zone. The primary server is also responsible for communicating with the secondary server. Data pertaining to the domain zone is specifically designated by server administrators, who instruct the server on how to communicate and interact with other web servers. The process of a primary web server communicating with the secondary server is known as a zone transfer, as zone data is being sent from a DNS server to another.
Secondary DNS Server: A secondary DNS server, also commonly referred to as a slave server, is responsible for obtaining zone data from the primary DNS server immediately after being set up. Each time a secondary DNS server functions it receives information from the primary DNS server.
How to configure the DNS
The configuration is always on the server side
In the Linux server BIND (Berkely Internet Name Domain) package should be install
In the windows server, there are many methods like Cpanel, DNS Server Role and Many more
It Works on Port 53
How DNS Works
A root server is a name server for the root zone of the Domain Name System (DNS) of the Internet. It directly answers requests for records in the root zone and answers other requests by returning a list of the authoritative name servers for the appropriate top-level domain (TLD).
There are 2 Type of records Static and Dynamic DNS Records
Static Records are the records which are manually created by the entries
Dynamic Records are created automatically by the system or DHCP itself
The data is served by the DNS system. Zone file contains the DNS Records
Round Robin DNS
It is a type of DNS which are used for the load balancing. The server admin can assign the multiple IP’s to a single domain.
Different type of records in DNS
- SOA (Start of Authority): It’s a first resource record in any DNS zone file. It determines the name server that is an authoritative source of information for the particular domain.
- NS (Name Server): It is a process of link the registrar to the hosting service provider. In the simple since it is a process of link the domain name to the hosting server.
- A: Maps the hostname to the IP address.
- PTR (Pointer): Creates a pointer that maps an IP address to a hostname for reverse lookups.
- CNAME (Canonical Name): Sets an alias for a host name. Record pointing to different record like facebook.com can have an alias as www.fb.com, so both the records are pointing to the same page.
- MX (Mail Exchanger): Specifies a mail exchange server for the domain, used for mail delivery which allows mail to be delivered to the correct mail servers.
- TXT (Textual Info): It is used for the textual information regarding the records.
- RP(Contact person for this zone): Contains the information regarding the person who creates the records.
More Info To DNS And Server To Visite to Our This Site:- NEXAHOST.COM
This Article Written By Kshitiz Vijay, and They Define What is Domain Name System and how works DNS Server with IP address. Mailcot Email Solutions Provide Best Email Marketing Services in India And All Over The Globe. We are No.1 Email Services Provider.