- January 7, 2020
- Posted by: mailcot
- Categories: B2B Marketing, Business, Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Experts, E-commerce Email Marketing, Email Marketing
Transactional Email (Triggered Email)are those emails that contain information that a recipient want and these mail have a very high open-rate. These mails are those that a recipient is expecting to receive.
It is different from promotional emails which got deliver to many people at the same time with the same content, Transactional Email is delivered to the specific person. Transactional mail is a type of automated email between a sender and a recipient.
Transactional emails may also be called “Triggered email” because they include any email that is triggered by a user’s interaction with a website.
Types of Transactional Email :
- Account Creation Mail: This type of mails is used to send the notification mail regarding the account creation, and they carry some information regarding the account.
- Password Reset Mail: This is one of the most common types of Transactional mail. One can also reset the password by this mail.
- Notification Mail: These emails are sent to the user for the update to a website. It keeps the customer up to date regarding their website.
- Welcome Mail: It must be simple and attractive and also carry some important detail regarding to the site.
- Receipt Mail: Customers expect purchase receipt emails from any online vendor they do business with. This mail sends the receipt of the purchased product to the user.
- Invitation Mail: Emails sent by an application to invite a user to create an account or join a team are also transactional.
- Expire Mail: This mail carries the message related to the expiration of task.
These mails are also helpful in fulfilling the market needs. It also uses to re-activate the inactive user. Transactional emails are sent through SMTP relay or APIs.